Search This Blog

Thursday, July 5, 2012

My Experiences on AOL Basic Course and Sahaj Samadhi Meditation


After working for 33 years in Industry I retired in 2002 and enjoyed a few weeks as holidays and felt great in life.  I did not take up any part time job that will keep me mentally alert nor participate in any social activities.  However my post retired life, with zero activity, distorted the life balance and soon I lost the control and slowly the effect of emptiness created a cavity in my mind and started feeling highly restless. Soon I was diagnosed as depressive, started feeling alone, melancholy.... and could not get proper sleep during night. With no options left I embarked on Ayurvedic treatment and the consulting doctor advised me to engage myself in some social activities. One day I met Mr.Kaushik Shah, who informed me about various courses of Art of Living & their enormous benefits. I, without any further delay, took up a 3 days workshop on Part-I course with Mr.Satyajitji and repeated subsequently 6 days course with Mr.Ramakrishna Naikji in Aundh. Both Satyajitji & Naikji are excellent   teacher, soft-spoken, very graceful, mild, glowing and always smiling.  They taught us various yogasana, pranayama and the most powerful “Sudarshan Kriya”. With daily practice at home, this step in my post retired life has radically changed my perception of life, health and reality. I thought I would share my experience since it meant so much to me. My growth on this path has accelerated exponentially. It’s one of the best programs I have attended. “There was not a single dull moment…no pasts….no future….just the present moment ……full of  change…..raising our standards….learning to know about our “SELF”.  What seemed impossible became possible. I am filled with inexpressible love and gratitude and determined to be a perfect instrument of the Divine.

I, now realize that I am part of great tradition of enlightened GURU, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar ji and strongly feel that HE is with me guiding and blessing me all the way. With my regular practice of home kriya daily and once a week long kriya, I feel it is a tremendous relaxation for my body and soul. Now I feel more energetic, peaceful, calm, balanced, with increased concentration of mind. I was gently stretched beyond my perceived limits in a space of love & joy, and filled with knowledge. I got back my sense of certainty that creates the winner's edge.  I now appreciate the special gifts I have from Art of Living.

Encouraged by the Part-I course, I also did Sahaj Samadhi Meditation Course under the guidance of another great teacher, none other than, Mr.Girinji. Girin Govindji is a Senior Art of Living faculty who has been with His Holiness Sri Sri Ravi Shankar ji for more than a decade.  Sahaj means natural, effortless and Samadhi is a deep meditative state of mind. Sahaj Samadhi is a natural and effortless technique of meditation that allows the conscious mind to settle deeply into the self, thus giving it much needed deep rest. When the mind settles down, it lets go of stress and centres itself completely in the present moment. With my regular practice of meditation the anxiety slowly decreasing, emotional stability improving and in addition I see happiness, creativity and intuition in day-today life.

Needless to say that I am totally off all the medication prescribed by doctors, get sound sleep, feel always fresh and have more balance and equanimity in my post retired life. I strongly feel that understanding the science of soul is most important in life.

Through these AOL activities, I got mu Guru “Sri Sri Ravi Shankar ji” and feel most fortunate to have Satyajit, Naik and Girinji  as my Teachers. They convey this knowledge so totally and effortlessly. One feels positive and uplifted by merely being in their presence.

Jai Gurudev
Arun Mukhedkar

No comments:

Post a Comment